Getting Things Done
Some common tasks and how to arrange them:
Book on CDR:
- Select the patient
- Click Activity
- Select the current admission and click "Details" in the bottom right
- Click "Assessments" on the left side of the discharge page
- Click New
- Select category "Medical", title "Internal request - Cardiac Investigation"
- Complete the form and save, the echo is now booked
- If urgent, call echo on 70133 or bleep 2171
Pulmonary Function Tests
- There is a referral form on Insight which can be emailed to the department. Search for "lung function tests" and download "LFT-request form".
- Alternatively the lab is located on the 1st floor in outpatients (first corridor on the left), and will accept paper forms.
- All nuclear medicine scans including PET, DEXA etc. can be booked with a paper form on the 5th floor. Forms are available at the Nuclear Medicine department reception desk.
- The vascular radiologists are on the 2nd floor in the same department as day surgery. You can fill in a paper form there for doppler scans.
- Guidelines for who needs home oxygen are here: File:OXYGEN CLINICAL DECISION TOOL.docx
- If indicated, respiratory nurses will arrange home oxygen. They carry bleep 2086.
Referral to OPAT is by email to the 'OPAT at HTD' user group. Full instructions are on the intranet here: http://insight/departments/medicineboard/infectiondivision/OPAT/Pages/default.aspx
Radiology MDT Referral
There are 2 weekly Radiology MDT meetings: a lung cancer meeting on Monday mornings, and a general respiratory meeting at 1pm on Tuesdays. These take place in the seminar room on the 2nd floor of the tower.
To get a patient listed for discussion, email Badar Alavi.
Referral instructions can be found on the Procedures lists page. Liz Morgan co-ordinates the lists.